The Arts Council is the source for information on the arts in Cecil County. Now in its 43nd year, the Arts Council is a non-profit organization, dedicated to presenting, promoting and sustaining the arts in Cecil County. At venues all throughout Cecil County, the Arts Council provides opportunities for the community to experience art through events, workshops, group programs, and exhibits.
Supported, in part, by funding from the state, county, individual contributions, and sponsorship, the Arts Council is also a membership organization. We would love to include you as a member! We provide grant and scholarship opportunities to community residents, organizations, and schools. Each year, the Arts Council offers over $50,000 in sub-grants and scholarships to applicants.
How We Support The Arts
Events & Opportunities
– Offers 12 gallery exhibitions each year.
– Participates in First Friday events
– Creates annual calendar of events.
– Holds 4 Wine & Dine for the arts dinner series.
– Hosts annual Art Swap & Studio Tours.
News & Publications
– Publishes a monthly “Arts Page” in the newspaper.
– Publishes email newsletters.
– Sends weekly e-blasts showcasing arts event.
Workshops & Education
– Holds summer art camps for 6 weeks each year.
– Holds 26 poetry workshops.
Sponsorship & Fundraising
– Sponsors 10 live musical performances in our gallery.
– Sponsors “Instruments from the Attic”.
– Sponsors county public school children’s show.
– Holds annual Celebration of the Arts Silent Auction fundraiser
– Sends advocates to Annapolis to rally for the arts.
– Creates more than 2,000 hours of volunteer opportunities.
– Offers weekly “Artists in Action” studio time.
– Runs a gallery gift shop for Members.
– Provides gallery space for ceremonies.
– Partners with local Chambers of Commerce.
– Partners with Upper Bay Counseling for art therapy show.
– Partners with the local VA for art programming with veterans.
Grants & Scholarships
– Provides tens of thousands of dollars of sub-grants.
– Awards scholarships to art students.
– Helps maintain a Community Garden.
– Recycles art supplies to those in need.