In cooperation with the Cecil County Arts Council, a new orchestra was formed in January 2019 that will service Cecil, Harford, and Kent Counties, Maryland and bordering Pennsylvania/Delaware regions. The Northern Chesapeake Symphony Orchestra is currently accepting member applications and auditions. The mission of the orchestra is to provide a full symphony orchestra (strings, woodwinds, brass, and percussion) experience for middle school students through adults from Cecil County, Maryland and surrounding areas that will perform programs within the community.
How to Sign Up:
Complete the Audition Application.
Auditions are held multiple times during the year here at CCAC:
Cecil County Arts Council
135 E. Main Street
Elkton, MD 21921
Specific dates are contained on the NCSO Audition Guidelines form contained on this website.
You will be informed of the results of your audition by e-mail no later than one week after the audition.
Audition Process and Information:
- Audition times are 10 minutes each.
- Auditions are unaccompanied.
- Prepare two contrasting selections of your choice—one fast and one slow. Selections may be two different pieces or from the same composition.
- Choose selections that show the range of your technical abilities but do not exceed them.
- You will be asked to perform two major scales of your choice (through 4 flats and 4 sharps) ascending and descending, mm=60 in a rhythmic pattern of quarter, eighth, eighth, eighth, eighth, eighth, eighth, quarter, eighth, eighth, eighth, eighth, eighth, eighth, quarter.
- You will also be asked to sight-read a short selection.
- Please plan to arrive at the audition location warmed up and ready to go at least 15 minutes early, allowing time to register.
- Bring your own instrument.
- Bring a copy of your solo selection for the adjudicator.